The Food Bank of Siouxland is working hard to help those affected by the flooding in our 11 counties, as well as helping our neighboring food banks service their affected communities. Your help in meeting the current and future needs of those devastated by the floods is greatly appreciated. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate “Flood/Disaster Relief” Funds: Use the “donate now” button on the right to make an online donation and indicate “flood/disaster relief” in the note section or mail/drop-off your check (write “flood/disaster relief” in the memo section) payable to the Food Bank of Siouxland, PO Box 985, Sioux City, IA 51102. These directed donations will be restricted to flood/disaster relief. Please note that we do expect the need to last beyond when the waters retreat, roads open, and basements dry. There will be many still struggling to make ends meet as they try to recoup lost wages, pay bills associated with longer commutes and displacement costs, and get back on their feet. Should funds restricted to the flood relief exceed what is needed to respond to this particular crisis, then the funds will be held and used during other crisis or disaster times. The Food Bank of Siouxland is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations and donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Donate Food: You can donate food to your local organization, or you can drop off food donations to the Food Bank of Siouxland. Donations of food to the Food Bank of Siouxland will be used to help feed the 25,670 food insecure individuals in our eleven county service area, including, but not limited to, those affected by the flood.
- Volunteer: Call your local city or town hall to find out how you can help your local community, or call the Food Bank of Siouxland (712-255-9741) to help in our warehouse.
We have ANOTHER RECORD BREAKING month! March 2019 has now topped February 2019!
In March, we distributed 240,827 pounds of food, up from 236,313 in February! This new record includes 5,409 pounds for flood relief!
The February number breaks a 5 year record of 235,829 pounds of food in November 2013. And now the March 2019 number (240,827) topped February (236,313) by 4,514 pounds. With the Food Bank’s role of sustained support growth, the Food Bank could see more pounds than normal this spring.
THANK YOU to all the donors, volunteers, and supporters of the Food Bank of Siouxland. Thanks to your efforts, we are able to distribute record-breaking amounts of food throughout the Siouxland community!
Thanks to community wide support, the Food Bank of Siouxland was able to distribute just shy of 2.3 million pounds of food last fiscal year. Our agencies and programs provided food to an average of 16,088 people each month!
With 25,670 food insecure individuals living in our Siouxland community, including 11,030 food insecure children, we know that the work must go on. We must strive to meet the enormous demand for food for those in need.
YOU can help! So many Siouxlanders must rely on us for their nutritional support. We cannot let them down. Please help by making a donation now, by volunteering, by donating food, by spreading the word. Together, we can make a difference!
Ways you can fight hunger:
NEW! You can join our new Hunger Hero club! You will be making a difference all year and receive recognition for your gift all year! Each Hunger Hero will be helping us provide 32,500 pounds of food to those in need! Call Jennifer at 712-255-9741 for more information!
- Make a donation. You can make a tax-deductible donation through our “Fill Plates, End Hunger” online page. Or call Development Director Jennifer Hart at 712-255-9741 x205 to discuss your donation.
- Become a sustainer. The stress of bills comes on a monthly basis. You can help by making your donation recurring on our Help Solve Hunger Every Day online page.
- Donate your time. Volunteering is so rewarding and such a huge help to the Food Bank. Learn more here.
- Donate food. We gladly accept food donations of food. To learn more about what we can accept, please visit our website. If you’re making a special trip to the store to purchase food to donate, please consider donating cash instead as the Food Bank is able to secure 13 pounds of food for every $1 donated!
Thank you for working together to help solve hunger in Siouxland.
Ways to Give:
Leading Siouxland in the fight against hunger.
The Food Bank of Siouxland is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
“The Food Bank of Siouxland is an equal opportunity provider.”